I’ve been seeing posts with pictures on Facebook of people riding their horses through the drive-thru so I thought I would re-post a past blog with two of my favorite guys, Rhett and Link.
Rhett and Link created these two funny videos about the drive-thru, enjoy!
Drive-Thru Folk Song
Facts about the Drive-Thru
- The first drive-thru opened in 1947 (and it wasn’t a McDonald’s)
- The first drive-thru-focused chain opened in 1951 (and it wasn’t McDonald’s)
- Midafternoon is when drive-thrus are fastest and friendliest.
- The drive-thru is getting slower.
- McDonald’s didn’t have a drive-thru until 1975.
- Drive-thru design heavily influences what we order.
- Wendy’s has quickest service, Chick-fil-A is most accurate.
- Drive-thrus are increasingly important to Starbucks.
- Panera studied drive-thrus for 10 years before opening one.
- Chipotle is a drive-thru holdout, and may never give in.