When I was in 3rd grade we said the Pledge of Allegiance every morning. After we said the pledge we would sing, “You’re a Grand Old Flag”. My teacher Mrs. Wilson really made that song fun to sing.
I think we need to get jazzed about our flag!
- You’re a Grand Old Flag – SMS
- You’re a Grand Old Flag – Danny Wright – Patriotic Piano
- Stars and Stripes Forever – US Marine Band
- Ragged Old Flag – Johnny Cash
- Where the Stars and The Stripe and The Eagle Fly – Arron Tippin
- The Star Spangled Banner – Gaither Vocal Band
You’re a grand old flag,
You’re a high flying flag
And forever in peace may you wave.
You’re the emblem of
The land I love.
The home of the free and the brave.
Ev’ry heart beats true
‘neath the Red, White and Blue,
Where there’s never a boast or brag.
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
Keep your eye on the grand old flag.
Oh, say can you see by the dawn’s early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight’s last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight,
O’er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket’s red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?